MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 1 (7 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) bag tortilla chips crushed in big pieces.
- 1 (8oz.) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16oz.) bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Poach chicken with salt and pepper until done.
Cool and shred chicken.
In large bowl mix chicken, chilies, rotle, soup, sour cream, onions and Monterey Jack cheese.
In 9 x 13 pan put 2 hand fulls of chips (cover bottom).
Pour about 1 cup of chicken mixture on top (enough to cover chips).
Top with hand full cheese (enough to cover mixture).
Repeat layers until all used.
Ending with soup mixture (save some cheese to top later).
Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Add rest of cheese.
Bake for 10 more minutes until cheese is melted.