- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI adapted this from Dave Liberman on the Food Network and adjusted to my own personal tastes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 0- For chicken, you can use a store bought rotisserie chicken as the original recipe. I made my own. I brought a pot of water with chicken thighs to a boil, skimmed the water and brought down to a simmer for 1 1/2 hours. The chicken shreds beautifully and dark meat is tastier in stew.
- - Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno, and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add can of tomatoes, chicken, stock and Worcestershire. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- - Cut lime in half, squeeze juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well. Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Add season to salt, fish out the lime pieces and serve.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Blue Family Favorites<3
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More