- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 0- For chicken, you can use a store bought rotisserie chicken as the original recipe. I made my own. I brought a pot of water with chicken thighs to a boil, skimmed the water and brought down to a simmer for 1 1/2 hours. The chicken shreds beautifully and dark meat is tastier in stew.
- - Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno, and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add can of tomatoes, chicken, stock and Worcestershire. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- - Cut lime in half, squeeze juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well. Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Add season to salt, fish out the lime pieces and serve.
NotesI adapted this from Dave Liberman on the Food Network and adjusted to my own personal tastes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More