- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 C prechopped onion
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 C hot water
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped ( I used chips)
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- Cook beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stiring to crumble. Drain if necessary, and return beef mixture to pan.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Nutirition:CAL 215 Fat 7.5g PRO 17.2g CARB 19.1g FIB 3.9G CHOL 37mg IRON 3.4mg SOD 934mg CALC 69mg
NotesI wanted to try this because of the chocolate...kinda like a mole kick...it's very good....though if you are not a fan of cayenne, you may want to decrease the chili powder in the recipe, there is alot of it. It also needs more time than the recipe calls for the flavors to blend and the water to boil off a bit. I am going to use ground sirloin next time..the ground round was too fatty.
Also, the recipe is supposed to be 6 servings/4 PTS(1 C servings)..which is really small. I am eating it in 4/6 PT servings.
From Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 minute recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Paul's Food World Volume 1
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More