MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box devi's food cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2C oil
- 1 1/4 C water
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 C mini semisweet morsels
- 1C powdered sugar
- 3T milk
- 2T butter
- 1/4C brown sugar
- 1T vanilla
- 1T shortening such as Crisco
- Preheat oven to 350, grease.
- Using butter or Crisco, and flour bundt pan.
- Mix cake according to package directions with water, egg, and oil.
- Add in the cinnamon and 1/2 C mini chips.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 min or until cake springs back when you touch it.
- Let cool for 15min (I say an hour) before removing from pan to cool completely.
- To make glaze, which is almost caramel like, melt brown sugar and butter in medium sauce pan over med-low heat.
- Once butter and sugar are mostly melted gently pour in milk. The first, and second time (as I didnt edit the recipe) I added the milk right in with the butter and sugar which caused it to curdle and I had to throw it out! So be careful the temp is not too hot.
- Once the milk is incorporated remove from heat and add in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Next combine remaining chips and 1T shortening in microwave safe bowl and heat for 40sec at a time until smooth and melted.
- Pour chocolate into zip top bag, cut a hole in one corner and drizzle over cake.
- You can add slivered almonds to the top of the cake if you wish.
- The cinnamon in this cake really gives it a unique flavor.
NotesI found this recipe on CD Kitchen online.