- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 square (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg. Add corn syrup and melted chocolate.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to mixing bowl.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (cookies should be soft).
- Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
NotesThis is one of my favorite cookies. They are thin and crisp with a hint of cinnamon flavor. Cookies firm up as they cool.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Katherine's Lemon Meringue Pie: Desperate Housewives
Kung Pao Chicken
TACO BAKESee More