- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 square (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg. Add corn syrup and melted chocolate.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to mixing bowl.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (cookies should be soft).
- Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
NotesThis is one of my favorite cookies. They are thin and crisp with a hint of cinnamon flavor. Cookies firm up as they cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More