- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- see below
- These individual tortes are a bit labor intensive but well worth the effort.
- Bake a white cake in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Check often as the cooking time will be decreased.
- Cool and cut rounds with a bisquit or cookie cutter.
- Add 1 cup of raw sugar to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium high heat until melted. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream. Reduce heat and stir constantly until completely incorporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Start with 1 bag of dark bittersweet chocolate morsels in a double boiler (or other improvised apparatus) over simmering water. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a heavy pinch of powdered chile (I prefer chile de arbol but ground New Mexico chile works too). When completely melted add 1 cup of heavy cream and stir till smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Build the dessert one layer at a time using toothpicks to keep them from sliding until set.
- Components can be made ahead and reheated just before construction.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More