- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- see below
- These individual tortes are a bit labor intensive but well worth the effort.
- Bake a white cake in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Check often as the cooking time will be decreased.
- Cool and cut rounds with a bisquit or cookie cutter.
- Add 1 cup of raw sugar to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium high heat until melted. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream. Reduce heat and stir constantly until completely incorporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Start with 1 bag of dark bittersweet chocolate morsels in a double boiler (or other improvised apparatus) over simmering water. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a heavy pinch of powdered chile (I prefer chile de arbol but ground New Mexico chile works too). When completely melted add 1 cup of heavy cream and stir till smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Build the dessert one layer at a time using toothpicks to keep them from sliding until set.
- Components can be made ahead and reheated just before construction.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More