- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- see below
- These individual tortes are a bit labor intensive but well worth the effort.
- Bake a white cake in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Check often as the cooking time will be decreased.
- Cool and cut rounds with a bisquit or cookie cutter.
- Add 1 cup of raw sugar to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium high heat until melted. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream. Reduce heat and stir constantly until completely incorporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Start with 1 bag of dark bittersweet chocolate morsels in a double boiler (or other improvised apparatus) over simmering water. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a heavy pinch of powdered chile (I prefer chile de arbol but ground New Mexico chile works too). When completely melted add 1 cup of heavy cream and stir till smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Build the dessert one layer at a time using toothpicks to keep them from sliding until set.
- Components can be made ahead and reheated just before construction.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More