- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- see below
- These individual tortes are a bit labor intensive but well worth the effort.
- Bake a white cake in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Check often as the cooking time will be decreased.
- Cool and cut rounds with a bisquit or cookie cutter.
- Add 1 cup of raw sugar to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium high heat until melted. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream. Reduce heat and stir constantly until completely incorporated. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Start with 1 bag of dark bittersweet chocolate morsels in a double boiler (or other improvised apparatus) over simmering water. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a heavy pinch of powdered chile (I prefer chile de arbol but ground New Mexico chile works too). When completely melted add 1 cup of heavy cream and stir till smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Build the dessert one layer at a time using toothpicks to keep them from sliding until set.
- Components can be made ahead and reheated just before construction.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cooking with Crystal
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More