MEXICAN CHORIZO RECIPE
Mexican Chorizo Recipe
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 10 lbs boneless pork butt, ground
- 6 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 5 Tbsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp hot pepper, ground
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 cup water
Grind all the pork butts with a 1/4" grinding plate and place into a large bowl. If it's too much trouble to grind your own, just buy ground pork.
Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly until all the spices are evenly distributed.
Stuff the chorizo into a 1-1/2 inch (40 milimeter) hog casing. Hang chorizo to dry overnight in a cool dry place. Drying time for this mexican chorizo recipe will be a little longer than most.