- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box corn bread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (or what it calls for on your corn bread mix)
- 1/2 cup cream style corn
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Cook ground beef until done.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add drained corn and beans.
- In bowl mix cornbread mix with egg and milk.
- Add cream corn, cheese and jalapeno, mix well
- Pour meat mixture in medium casserole.
- Then pour corn bread mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cornbread is fully cooked.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top each serving with lettuce, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa if using.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More