- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box corn bread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (or what it calls for on your corn bread mix)
- 1/2 cup cream style corn
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Cook ground beef until done.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add drained corn and beans.
- In bowl mix cornbread mix with egg and milk.
- Add cream corn, cheese and jalapeno, mix well
- Pour meat mixture in medium casserole.
- Then pour corn bread mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cornbread is fully cooked.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top each serving with lettuce, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa if using.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
My Family CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More