- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1c Corn meal
- ½ teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Baking soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1c Sweet milk
- 1/2c Cooking oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2-4 Jalepenos, chopped
- 8 oz. Cream corn
- ½ lb. Medium sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Mix corn meal, salt, and soda.
- Add milk and eggs (one at a time), beating well. Pour in oil.
- Beat and add rest of ingredients.
- Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour.
NotesI'm from the South, Texas, by way of Louisiana to be exact, and my grandmother used to make me Mexican Corn Bread whenever I wasn't feeling well. To this day whenever I get down there to visit her she arms herself with a pan of it for my arrival. It's simply delicious with a little spicy flare!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More