- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean sausage
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 2 cloves galic
- 24 oz defrosted frozen corn
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch in 3 tbsp water
- 2 med roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 med roasted poblano, chopped
- 1 tbs chipotle chiles with adobo, minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 can white beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in skillet over med. high heat until cooked through, breaking up with spoon. Transfer to bowl, discard fat.
- Cook onion until soft over low heat in a skillet, add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Puree one pound of corn in food processor until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture and process, followed by onion and bell peppers, processing until smooth.
- Heat butter in saucepan and add corn puree and cook over medium heat until hot. Whisk in milk and bring to a simmer, adding remaining 1/2 lb. corn, poblano, sausage, jalapeno and beans. Cook, stirring until hot, sprinkling parmesan over each portion.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
It's all about that protein
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More