- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears fresh or 3 cups frozen, thawed corn kernels
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, optional
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, fresh farmer's cheese, feta cheese, or sour cream, optional
- Tortilla chips or fried tortilla strips, optional
- If using fresh corn, scrape kernels from cobs using small sharp knife or spoon.
- Place half of the corn kernels in blender with tomatoes, 2 cups of broth, and oregano.
- Puree until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon, turning once until brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Set aside.
- Add onion to bacon fat in saucepan and cook, stirring frequently until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add tomato-corn puree to saucepan with remaining 2 cups of broth.
- Bring to a low boil and add remaining whole corn kernels.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and remove any foam as it develops with a large flat metal spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in half of the parsley and cream, if desired, and heat through.
- To serve, garnished with crumbled bacon, remaining parsley, crumbled cheese and tortilla chips or strips.
NotesI just love the food network!! This recipe is from
Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More