- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can chili beans hot or mild
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Non stick spray
- 9X13 glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with one tube of crescent rolls.
- The rolls will most likely be in triangle shapes that you have to organize and then pat together to fit the entire dish.
- Bake the crescent rolls for eight minutes or until the dough is slightly firm to the touch, but not golden or flaky.
- While the first layer of dough bakes, brown one pound of lean ground beef.
- Add the taco seasoning packet as per the package directions.
- Drain excess fat and water.
- Add the entire can of chili beans once the meat is cooked to temperature.
- Remove the first layer of crescent rolls from the oven, and sprinkle two cups of cheese over the top.
- Then spoon all of the meat mixture over the top of the cheese and rolls.
- Repeat the crescent roll layering over the top of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and puffed up.
- Layer with the remaining two cups of cheese and bake an additional five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately!
NotesThis is a modified version of a well loved recipe from my childhood. My best friend's mother would make this recipe with sloppy joe mix. My husband and I changed it to Mexican spices to satisfy our adult palates.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More