- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can chili beans hot or mild
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Non stick spray
- 9X13 glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with one tube of crescent rolls.
- The rolls will most likely be in triangle shapes that you have to organize and then pat together to fit the entire dish.
- Bake the crescent rolls for eight minutes or until the dough is slightly firm to the touch, but not golden or flaky.
- While the first layer of dough bakes, brown one pound of lean ground beef.
- Add the taco seasoning packet as per the package directions.
- Drain excess fat and water.
- Add the entire can of chili beans once the meat is cooked to temperature.
- Remove the first layer of crescent rolls from the oven, and sprinkle two cups of cheese over the top.
- Then spoon all of the meat mixture over the top of the cheese and rolls.
- Repeat the crescent roll layering over the top of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and puffed up.
- Layer with the remaining two cups of cheese and bake an additional five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately!
NotesThis is a modified version of a well loved recipe from my childhood. My best friend's mother would make this recipe with sloppy joe mix. My husband and I changed it to Mexican spices to satisfy our adult palates.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More