- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1cup-all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup- unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1tsp- ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp- baking soda
- 1/2tsp- salt
- 1/8tsp- finely ground black pepper
- 1/4lb- coarsely chopped good quality dark chocolate
- 1/2cup- (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2cups- sugar
- 2- large eggs
- 1tsp- vanilla extract
- 3/4cup- semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water, melt the coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the melted chocolate mixture with the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture.Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, use a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop and drop the scoops of dough about 2" apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, until they look flat and the surfaces crack
NotesI love these cookies, I found this recipe that won the " Best Darn Chocolate Chip Cookie" Contest at the American Center for Wine,Food & the Arts in Napa,Calif.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More