- Cooking Time: 60–90
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla or rum extract
- Caramelize sugar by pouring into a heavy saucepan and stirring continuously with a wooden spoon over a low flame until sugar melts and turns golden brown.
- Pour sugar immediately into a 1-quart baking dish, coating the bottom and side evenly (accomplished by holding baking dish in your hands and carefully tilting to coat sides).
- Be careful pouring hot sugar as it can cause severe burns!
- Allow sugar to cool.
- Prepare custard by beating eggs, adding milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into baking dish and set it into larger pan containing 1-inch of hot water.
- Bake at 350° F for 1–1½ hours or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- It should be golden brown on top.
- To serve: Loosen around sides with a spatula and turn onto a serving dish.
- Chill and serve with the sauce created from the baking dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Delightful DessertsSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More