- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 20-24
- Preparation Time: 15
- For the brownies
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 12 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- For the ganache
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease the bottom and sides of a 13×9 pan.
- Whisk cake flour, salt, baking powder, cayenne, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate has completely melted. Pour into the bowl of your stand mixer. Add sugar and mix on med-high until combined. Turn mixer to low and add 1 egg at a time and mix completely. Add vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for ~30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool ~15 minutes.
- Heat semisweet chocolate and milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and then in 15 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate has completely melted. Pour over brownies. Let cool completely before cutting.
NotesThese mexican chocolate brownies are a great combination of sweet and heat. If you're looking for something to spice up your dessert, look no further. This recipe for mexican chocolate brownies will surely delight!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More