- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces Mexican sweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- Heat milk and combine all ingredients.
- Stir constantly until chocolate melts.
NotesIn Mexico, children often have hot chocolate with breakfast. For an authentic Mexican hot chocolate recipe, a special stirring utensil called “El molinillo” is used to froth the milk. Similar to a whisk in function, the molinillo is hollow and made of “turned wood”.
Visit our website for more information and a fun Spanish rhyme.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More