- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces Mexican sweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- Heat milk and combine all ingredients.
- Stir constantly until chocolate melts.
NotesIn Mexico, children often have hot chocolate with breakfast. For an authentic Mexican hot chocolate recipe, a special stirring utensil called “El molinillo” is used to froth the milk. Similar to a whisk in function, the molinillo is hollow and made of “turned wood”.
Visit our website for more information and a fun Spanish rhyme.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More