- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces Mexican sweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- Heat milk and combine all ingredients.
- Stir constantly until chocolate melts.
NotesIn Mexico, children often have hot chocolate with breakfast. For an authentic Mexican hot chocolate recipe, a special stirring utensil called “El molinillo” is used to froth the milk. Similar to a whisk in function, the molinillo is hollow and made of “turned wood”.
Visit our website for more information and a fun Spanish rhyme.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Honey Pumpkin Pie
Angel Acres Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Blueberry Soda BreadSee More