- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb- ground mild pork sausage
- 1lb- ground beef
- 2-(15oz) jalapeno ranch-style beans,drained
- 1-(10oz) Rotel
- 1tsp- garlic powder
- 1tsp- ground cumin
- 1/2tsp- salt
- 1/2tsp- pepper
- 2-(10 3/4oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1-(10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 12-(6inch) corn tortillas
- 2cups-(8oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2cups-(8oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1- medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 4- green unions, chopped
- 1/4cup- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1- medium avocado, chopped (optional)
- Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain, stir in beans,rotel,garlic powder, cumin,salt & pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir together soup and enchilada sauce in a saucepan; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce onto bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish; top with 3-4 tortillas.
- Spoon half of beef mixture and one-third sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with half of Cheddar cheese.
- Top with 3-4 tortillas; repeat layers ending with tortillas.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, diced tomato, cilantro, green unions.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with avocado. (optional)
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More