- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 1 pound raw extra lean ground beef
- 2 eggs (or eggbeaters)
- 2 oz cornbread stuffing dry mix, (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced
- 8 oz canned enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix beef, egg whites, stuffing mix, onion, chili powder, cumin, chilies and half of enchilada sauce together. Shape into an oval with your hands and place on prepared broiler pan.
Cook for 1 hour, top with remaining enchilada sauce and bake for 5 minutes more. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
Note: When I am in a hurry, I divide into 6-8 palm size meatballs and fry them. Once they are browned on both sides, I pour the remainder of the sauce and let them simmer until they are done.