MEXICAN MELTED CHEESE AND CHILES FROM THE CROCK POT
- 1 can (16 oz) tomatoes, cored, squeezed dry ad chopped
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped mild green chilies, drained and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. (8 cups) shredded American or Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mild taco sauce
- French bread or tortillas
Toss first 6 ingredients together in large crock pot and cover.
Cook on high until cheese melts, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
Turn to low, cook another 1 1/4 hours, or until hot.
Serve from crock.
Dip with cubes of French bread or quarters of hot buttered tortillas.
For Mexican Macaroni and cheese, stir this sauce into hot macaroni