- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 12 oz Mexican chorizo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 8 oz chayote squash or zucchini, diced
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves, washed well
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced or chopped
- 2 large avocados, diced
- In a soup pot or dutch oven, warm the oil over medium-high heat with the onion and carrot.
- Cook, stirring often, until the vegtables soften, about 3 minutes.
- Crumble the chorizo, discarding the casings, and cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until the meat is no longer pick; drain off the fat if desired.
- Stir in the cilantro, then add the stock, garbanzo beans and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the squash and contiue cooking, covered for 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and stir inthe spinach, a handful at a time, until wilted.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Ladle into big bowls and garnish with limes, radishes, and avocados, as desired.
NotesThe recipe is from Soup's On by Leslie Jonath and Frankie Frankeny.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Italian Exchange
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More