Mexican Pasta Salad
8 ounces chunky pasta (such as rotini, wheels, medium macaroni, etc)
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or the equivalent in frozen corn)
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large bell pepper, chopped (green, red, yellow - whatever color you have on hand)
1 large tomato, chopped
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 tablespoon lemon juice (you can also use lime juice)
pepper, to taste
tastefully simple ranch fiesta dip mix, to taste or 1 spicy seasoning mix (such as Mrs Dash Extra Spicy) or garlic powder
cilantro, chopped,to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste, I have also used shredded monterey jack and shredded mexican soft cheese.)
1. Cook the pasta (al dente) During approximately the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the corn.
2. While the pasta/corn mixture is cooking, combine all other ingredients (except for the cheese) in a large bowl.
3. Drain the pasta and corn.
4. Rinse the pasta and corn in cold water until the mixture is cool or cold.
5. Add the pasta/corn mixture to the other ingredients and mix.
6. Before serving, sprinkle mixture with shredded cheese.
Chopped cooked chicken is an easy add to this!