- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces chunky pasta (such as rotini, wheels, medium macaroni, etc)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (or the equivalent in frozen corn)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (green, red, yellow - whatever color you have on hand)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice (you can also use lime juice)
- pepper, to taste
- tastefully simple ranch fiesta dip mix, to taste or 1 spicy seasoning mix (such as Mrs Dash Extra Spicy) or garlic powder
- cilantro, chopped,to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste, I have also used shredded monterey jack and shredded mexican soft cheese.)
- 1. Cook the pasta (al dente) During approximately the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the corn.
- 2. While the pasta/corn mixture is cooking, combine all other ingredients (except for the cheese) in a large bowl.
- 3. Drain the pasta and corn.
- 4. Rinse the pasta and corn in cold water until the mixture is cool or cold.
- 5. Add the pasta/corn mixture to the other ingredients and mix.
- 6. Before serving, sprinkle mixture with shredded cheese.
- Chopped cooked chicken is an easy add to this!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Italian Exchange
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More