- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 tsp olive oil
- * 1 lb of lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
- * 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- * 1 tsp coriander
- * 1 tsp paprika
- * 1 tsp chili powder
- * 1 tsp ground cumin
- * 1 tsp garlic powder
- * 1 tsp oregano
- * 1 tsp onion powder
- * Dash of red pepper flakes
- * Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- * 1 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- * 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- * Flour Tortillas
- * Refried beans
- * Cheddar cheese, grated
- * Salsa
- * Tomato, diced
- * Avocado, diced
- * Green onions, diced
- * Fresh cilantro, chopped
- * Sour Cream (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and break the meat into crumbles.
- Add the onion as well as the seasonings then cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chiles then stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat. Layer a flour tortilla with refried beans then place on baking sheet; add a bit of the beef mixture then top with another tortilla.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes; remove from oven and spoon a bit of salsa on top of the top tortilla then top with cheese.
- Return to the oven and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with the tomatoes, avocado, green onions and fresh cilantro. Serve with more salsa and sour cream. Enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More