- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 tsp olive oil
- * 1 lb of lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
- * 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- * 1 tsp coriander
- * 1 tsp paprika
- * 1 tsp chili powder
- * 1 tsp ground cumin
- * 1 tsp garlic powder
- * 1 tsp oregano
- * 1 tsp onion powder
- * Dash of red pepper flakes
- * Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- * 1 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- * 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- * Flour Tortillas
- * Refried beans
- * Cheddar cheese, grated
- * Salsa
- * Tomato, diced
- * Avocado, diced
- * Green onions, diced
- * Fresh cilantro, chopped
- * Sour Cream (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and break the meat into crumbles.
- Add the onion as well as the seasonings then cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chiles then stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat. Layer a flour tortilla with refried beans then place on baking sheet; add a bit of the beef mixture then top with another tortilla.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes; remove from oven and spoon a bit of salsa on top of the top tortilla then top with cheese.
- Return to the oven and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with the tomatoes, avocado, green onions and fresh cilantro. Serve with more salsa and sour cream. Enjoy.