MEXICAN PORK CHOPS ~WOW~
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pork chops
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 TBSP taco seasoning
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (I used red bell pepper)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
- Brown pork chops in large skillet with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine water, rice, tomato sauce and taco seasoning in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan; mix well. Arrange browned chops over rice mixture and top with green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking uncovered 15 minutes.
NotesOMGoodness, this is one tasty dish! My family loved this dish! It was perfect, everything was perfect about the dish! To spice the chops before browning, I used garlic salt, fresh ground peppercorn and Lawry's season salt! I also grated the colby jack instead of buying the pre-packed cheese! If you are looking for a new way to make pork chops, this is the recipe! Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More