- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can of dice tomatoes (regular or Rotel)
- 1/2 cup of tomatoe sauce
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Lime (optional)
- In a saucepan saute the rice with the olive oil over medium high heat. Stir rice so that it's evenly coated with the oil and does not burn. Once rice is golden brown, about 5 minutes, pour in broth, tomatoes,onion, tomatoe sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook rice for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle cilantro and maybe about a tbs of lime into the cooked rice and stir.
- PREP TIME 15 Min
- COOK TIME 30 Min
- SERVINGS 4
NotesInstead of using boxed rice try making your own. There's no need for all of those preservatives and sodium. I usually serve this when I make Mexican but really you can have it with just about anything. I find the key to great rice is using chicken broth instead of water.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce