- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized green pepper, chopped
- 1 can mexican black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can of sweet yellow corn, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1- 2 sliced jalepeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 packet of SAZON GOYA brand seasoning (coriander & annatto)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1. saute meats in oil until browned, remove from pan.
- 2. in drippings, saute garlic, onionns, green pepper and tomatoes in oil to make a sofrito.
- 3. add all the seasonings
- 4. add the meat
- 5. add the corn and beans
- 6. add the rice
- 7. add the water
- 8. stir pot, cover and let simmer on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- 9. reduce heat to low simmer for another 10-15 minutes - covered!
- 10. turn off heat and keep cover on for another 10-15 minutes
- 11. fluff and serve.
- ** when serving, you can top with some cheese, black olives and sliced green onion if you'd like
NotesHere's a mexican spin off of a cajun jambalaya I concocted after realizing I needed to use up canned goods in my pantry:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More