- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tblsp whole anise seeds (it's good without the anise as well)
- 2 tblsp boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cup sifted four
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Combine anise seeds and boiling water and let stand.
- Beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in soda and 1 egg. Drain anise seeds and add to mixture.
- Stir in flour, a little at a time, and mix well. Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill overnight
- When ready to bake, roll dough into 1/2" balls. Place on un greased baking sheets about 3" apart.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Brush tops with lightly beaten egg.
- Sprinkle each with toasted sesame seeds,
- Bake at 400 for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More