- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 7
- 1 can (19 oz) reduced sodium chicken and wild rice (or rice) soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (11 oz) Southwestern-style corn, drained
- 10 ounces medium (31-35 count) shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken and rice soup, diced tomatoes, corn and 1 cup water in a large saucepan, cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, about seven minutes.
- Clean shrimp and stir in shrimp and cilantro; return to a boil, about 1 minute. Serve in bowls..
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with warm tortillas, if desired.
- Total cost: $9.57
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 210; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 710mg; Carbohydrate 23g; Fiber 4g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesThere are seafood stews swimming through every cuisine in the world. This one has a decided Mexican flair you can create instantly with a can of diced tomatoes, a can of corn and black beans, and a handful of chopped cilantro. The shrimp cook in seconds, so they should be added in the last minute of simmering.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More