- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 7
- 1 can (19 oz) reduced sodium chicken and wild rice (or rice) soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (11 oz) Southwestern-style corn, drained
- 10 ounces medium (31-35 count) shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken and rice soup, diced tomatoes, corn and 1 cup water in a large saucepan, cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, about seven minutes.
- Clean shrimp and stir in shrimp and cilantro; return to a boil, about 1 minute. Serve in bowls..
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with warm tortillas, if desired.
- Total cost: $9.57
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 210; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 710mg; Carbohydrate 23g; Fiber 4g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesThere are seafood stews swimming through every cuisine in the world. This one has a decided Mexican flair you can create instantly with a can of diced tomatoes, a can of corn and black beans, and a handful of chopped cilantro. The shrimp cook in seconds, so they should be added in the last minute of simmering.
Cooking with Sabra
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More