- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 7
- 1 can (19 oz) reduced sodium chicken and wild rice (or rice) soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (11 oz) Southwestern-style corn, drained
- 10 ounces medium (31-35 count) shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken and rice soup, diced tomatoes, corn and 1 cup water in a large saucepan, cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, about seven minutes.
- Clean shrimp and stir in shrimp and cilantro; return to a boil, about 1 minute. Serve in bowls..
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with warm tortillas, if desired.
- Total cost: $9.57
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 210; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 710mg; Carbohydrate 23g; Fiber 4g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 15%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesThere are seafood stews swimming through every cuisine in the world. This one has a decided Mexican flair you can create instantly with a can of diced tomatoes, a can of corn and black beans, and a handful of chopped cilantro. The shrimp cook in seconds, so they should be added in the last minute of simmering.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More