- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 can (19 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken and wild rice (or rice) soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) Southwestern-style corn, drained
- 10 ounces medium (31-35 count) shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken and rice soup, diced tomatoes, corn and 1 cup water in a large saucepan, cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, about seven minutes.
- Clean shrimp. Stir in shrimp and cilantro into soup; return to a boil, about 1 minute. Serve in bowls.
- Serve with warm tortillas, if desired.
NotesThere are seafood stews swimming through every cuisine in the world. This one has a decided Mexican flair, which you can create instantly with a can of diced tomatoes, a can each of corn and black beans, and a handful of chopped cilantro. The shrimp cook in seconds, so they should be added in the last minute of simmering.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 210; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 710mg; Carbohydrate 23g; Fiber 4g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 15%DV
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
My Family Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More