MEXICAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 12 lg Mushrooms, 2 1/2 inch diameter
- 1 can Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can Diced green chilies
- 1 Garlic clove,minced/pressed
- 1/4 lb Jalapeno jack cheese,
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 2 cups Unseasoned stuffing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Salad oil
Twist mushroom stems free, trim off dried ends, and finely chop stems.
In a 10-12" frying pan over medium heat, combine stems, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 cup water. Stir often until vegetables begin to brown.
Add 2 tablespoons water, scrape browned bits free, and repeat step.
Add tomato sauce, chilies, and 1/2 the cheese.
Remove from heat and gently stir in the stuffing.
Rub mushrooms with oil. Set cup side up in a 9x13" pan.
Mound all the filling into caps.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in a 400F. oven until cheese is lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.