- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large green pepper, halved, cored and seeded
- 6 oz. 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 c. panko
- 1 large egg
- seasonings of your choice- I used crushed red pepper, ground red pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper (I like it spicy!)
- 1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 c. fat free sour cream
- 1/4 c. guacamole
- Mix ground beef, taco seasoning, panko, egg, spices and 1/4 c. of shredded cheese in a medium bowl, divide mixture evenly into pepper halves. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or so, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. of cheese on top of each pepper and continue to bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and guacamole and serve!
- Approximately 400 calories per serving.
NotesI wanted to try something a bit different for stuffed peppers and thought that a Mexican flavor would pair nicely with green pepper and it was quite good! I'll definately make this one again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Delightful DessertsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More