MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS (SERVES 2)
Mexican Stuffed Peppers (serves 2)
- 1 large green pepper, halved, cored and seeded
- 6 oz. 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 c. panko
- 1 large egg
- seasonings of your choice- I used crushed red pepper, ground red pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper (I like it spicy!)
- 1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 c. fat free sour cream
- 1/4 c. guacamole
Mix ground beef, taco seasoning, panko, egg, spices and 1/4 c. of shredded cheese in a medium bowl, divide mixture evenly into pepper halves. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or so, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. of cheese on top of each pepper and continue to bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and guacamole and serve!
Approximately 400 calories per serving.