- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large green pepper, halved, cored and seeded
- 6 oz. 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 c. panko
- 1 large egg
- seasonings of your choice- I used crushed red pepper, ground red pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper (I like it spicy!)
- 1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 c. fat free sour cream
- 1/4 c. guacamole
- Mix ground beef, taco seasoning, panko, egg, spices and 1/4 c. of shredded cheese in a medium bowl, divide mixture evenly into pepper halves. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or so, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. of cheese on top of each pepper and continue to bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and guacamole and serve!
- Approximately 400 calories per serving.
NotesI wanted to try something a bit different for stuffed peppers and thought that a Mexican flavor would pair nicely with green pepper and it was quite good! I'll definately make this one again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More