- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- 4-6 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb of ground turkey. Add
- minced garlic and
- chopped onion
- corn (frozen or canned is fine)
- black beans
- chili powder
- OR a packet of taco seasoning
- cooking spray
- shredded cheese.
- sour cream
- Prepare peppers (any color) - wash, cut off tops, and remove seeds and white parts inside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook peppers in boiling water to soften them.
- Meawhile, brown the ground turkey.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onion.
- Cook until turkey is no longer pink and drain any fat if necessary.
- Add corn and black beans.
- Season with cumin and chili powder, or a packet of taco seasoning.
- Add some jarred salsa (enough so that it is like a really thick chili or sauce - but not soupy!).
- Heat through.
- Remove peppers from boiling water and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stuff peppers with ground meat mixture and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
- During last 5-10 minutes, top with shredded cheese.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream if you like!
NotesSorry, I don't have measurements, I just kind of eyeball it! You can use as little or as much corn, beans, onions, salsa, and seasonings as you like.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More