- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGot this from the Family Fun Magazine website.
- RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for dipping
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa, chili powder, and salt. In a separate small bowl, lightly sprinkle the avocado with the lime juice to prevent browning.
- 2. Trim each tortilla to make a roughly 6-1/2-inch square. Spread 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on a tortilla. Arrange 2 rows of spinach in the center of the tortilla, then top them with a row each of red pepper, yellow pepper, and avocado. Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap it in plastic wrap. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Refrigerate the rolls for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- 3. Right before serving, slice the rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces and spoon extra salsa into a bowl for dipping.
- Serves 10 to 12.