MEXICAN TORTILLA SOUP MIX
- Servings: 12 cups
- Ingredients for Jar:
- 1 cup converted long grain rice (Uncle Ben's)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (5-oz.) can chicken
- Seasonings: Mix the following and place in a thin zipper sandwich bag:
- 3 tbsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. lemonade powder with sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
Place ingredients in quart jar in this order:
Place rice in jar first.
Place seasoning packet into jar next. Gently flatten bag so it is visible from all sides of jar.
Fill jar with tortilla chips.
Put lid on jar.
Tape can of chicken to top of jar.
Decorate jar with fabric.
Attach recipe to jar.
Carefully empty tortilla chips from jar into a dish. Set aside. Remove seasoning packet. Set aside. Place rice in large pan. Add 10 cups water and 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies and seasonings from packet. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add tortilla chips. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.