- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 cups
- Preparation Time:
- Ingredients for Jar:
- 1 cup converted long grain rice (Uncle Ben's)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (5-oz.) can chicken
- Seasonings: Mix the following and place in a thin zipper sandwich bag:
- 3 tbsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. lemonade powder with sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- Place ingredients in quart jar in this order:
- Place rice in jar first.
- Place seasoning packet into jar next. Gently flatten bag so it is visible from all sides of jar.
- Fill jar with tortilla chips.
- Put lid on jar.
- Tape can of chicken to top of jar.
- Decorate jar with fabric.
- Attach recipe to jar.
- Tortilla Soup:
- Carefully empty tortilla chips from jar into a dish. Set aside. Remove seasoning packet. Set aside. Place rice in large pan. Add 10 cups water and 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies and seasonings from packet. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add tortilla chips. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More