- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 6 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour until well combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. crescents.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
NotesI love this cookie! It's my favorite and no one makes it like mom. The velvety cookie and the sweet powdered sugar makes this cookie a real treat.
It's not my recipe, it's pretty well known, but I wanted to add it anyway.
This particular recipe was from "Taste Of Home" magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More