- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 6 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour until well combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. crescents.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
NotesI love this cookie! It's my favorite and no one makes it like mom. The velvety cookie and the sweet powdered sugar makes this cookie a real treat.
It's not my recipe, it's pretty well known, but I wanted to add it anyway.
This particular recipe was from "Taste Of Home" magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More