- Cooking Time: 12-15 min.
- Servings: 3 Dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- Combine toasted nuts with 2 tablespoons of flour (from the recipe) into a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, and process until they are finely ground. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the remaining flour and salt and beat until combined. Stir in the nuts. Cover and refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start to brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Roll the cookies in the remaining confectioner's sugar until well coated.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The NourishFull Kitchen
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More