- Cooking Time: 13-17 mnutes
- Servings: 4-5 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 30-40 minutes
BackstoryThis cookie is a small, round, powdered sugar-covered delight that my Aunt Fran baked every year for Christmas. She was of German heritage, but this cookie, along with about 20 others, completed her collection of cookies to give to all her friends and family. From the first of December till Christmas, any combination of cans of cookies could be found freezing in her back pantry, and this has always been one of our family favorites.
Submitted by: "Mary Jo Jensen"
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped or ground almonds or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Beat 1/2 c powdered sugar, the butter and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in flour, ground nuts and salt until dough forms, using low speed. Shape the dough into 1" balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven for 13-17 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack and cool about 10 minutes.
- Roll cookies in the 3/4 c sugar you have in a separate bowl. Cool completely and roll a second time.