- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 30 or 40 minutes
- Flour or Corn Tortillas (either will work, but they'll change the dish)
- 1 Jar of Salsa (i always used store bought, but fresh salsa will work just fine)
- 1 lb cooked ground beef (Or chicken, or any meat substitute of your choosing)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or Colby cheese)
- Cook the ground beef, to your own pleasing. I always cooked with salt and a little pepper, maybe some all Italian spices.
- Take a rectangular casserole dish. Butter or spray the dish, bottom and all sides. Lay a layer of tortilla. Then spread a layer of beans. Then a layer of salsa. Then a layer of beef. A layer of cheese. A layer of tortilla. Repeat as needed. The order doesn't matter. Leave a layer of cheese for the top.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Cook dish uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the tortilla starts to lightly brown.
NotesThis is a dish I invented one day years ago, that's really easy to make. I never took exact measurements, so much of this is guesstimating, but it's that kind of dish that can be made a bunch of ways that always work. This meal that can be changed or varied as one wishes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More