- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar -- divided
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter -- (1/2 stick) melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- Whipping cream
- Assorted fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Blend buttermilk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice, flour, butter, and salt in blender until smooth.
- Transfer buttermilk mixture to medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Gently fold buttermilk mixture into whites in 3 additions (batter will be runny).
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Place dish in roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of dish.
- Bake until entire top is evenly browned and cake moves very slightly in center but feels slightly springy to touch, about 45 minutes.
- Remove dish from roasting pan.
- Cool cake completely in baking dish on rack. Refrigerate until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 6 hours.
- Spoon pudding cake out into shallow bowls.
- Pour cream around cake.
- Top with berries.
NotesA very dear friend gave me this recipe a few years ago and when Meyer lemons come into season, (NOW) I make this often!
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By : Marcy Kaminski
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
My Family CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More