- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Meyer lemon zest (from about 4 large lemons)
- 8 egg yolks
- For the sauce: 3/4 cup raspberries
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- Preheat an oven to 300°F. Have a pot of boiling water ready.
- 2In a small nonreactive saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the cream, milk, granulated sugar, salt and lemon zest and bring slowly to a simmer. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until blended. Gradually add the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a 1-quart measuring pitcher, and press on the zest with a rubber spatula to extract the flavor.
- 3Place six 3/4-cup custard cups in a baking dish just large enough to hold them without touching. Divide the custard mixture evenly among the cups. Carefully pour boiling water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the cups. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake the custards until barely set, 35 to 37 minutes. They should still jiggle a little in the center; they will firm as they cool.
- 4Remove the cups from the water bath, transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 8 hours.
- 5To make the sauce, in a food processor, combine the raspberries and superfine sugar and process until smooth. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing firmly on the solids with a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.
- 6About 30 minutes before serving, remove the pots de crème from the refrigerator. Pass the chilled raspberry sauce separately. Serves 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More