- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded, small diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons (about 3 cloves) chopped garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the peppers, onions and garlic. Saute until just soft, remove to a plate and cool.
- When the peppers and onions are cool, combine all of the remaining ingredients together except for the marinara. Pack the meat mixture into an oiled loaf pan, if you do not have a loaf pan, form the meat mixture into a loaf shape on an oiled oven tray or baking dish. Top with the marinara making sure to spread evenly over the top.
- Bake for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F in the middle of the meatloaf. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
NotesThis is a recipe from a Michael Chiarello show on Food Network.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce