- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound of ziti pasta, cooked as directed and drained
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 2.25 oz. can of sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used Italian Style Six Cheese Blend, Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina and Romano)
- 1 15 oz. container of ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
- minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375. In a skillet, brown Italian sausage, onion and minced garlic. I love garlic, so I used 2 heaping soup spoons full. Drain.
- Mix cooked pasta, 2/3 jar of spaghetti sauce, 2 cups shredded cheese, olives, ricotta and egg. Add Italian sausage mixture and combine well.
- Place in 9 X 13 baking dish, top evenly with remaining 1/3 jar spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Parmesan. Bake 40 minutes, remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- This turned out really great. It satisfied my baked ziti craving, and Jon's need for meat. Pair it with a Caesar salad and some really nice garlic bread. It's a keeper!
NotesI'm a huge fan of Italian food. And I LOVE baked ziti. One small problem, my husband likes meat. Never mind that there's LOTS of cheese in baked ziti, where's the meat? So, I scoured my recipe sources and combined several to make 'Michelle's Baked Ziti.' It was a hit, so here it is! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More