- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Beat in eggs, bananas, and sour cream mixture.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and add nuts if using.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the loaf is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
NotesMy college roommate Michelle passed along this recipe, and I use it a few times a month when we have bananas which are past their prime in the house. It's excellent hot and buttered.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More