- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Beat in eggs, bananas, and sour cream mixture.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and add nuts if using.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the loaf is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
NotesMy college roommate Michelle passed along this recipe, and I use it a few times a month when we have bananas which are past their prime in the house. It's excellent hot and buttered.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
My Family CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More