- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 7 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ½ cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Shortening
- ½ cup water
- ...1 ½ cups of tart Michigan Cherries
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca granules
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- * Crumb Topping*
- 6 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons whole almonds
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 1/2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 4 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For dough: Mix flour, 1 teaspoon sugar and sea salt. Cut room temperature Shortening into flour with fingers until crumbly, yet not too blended. Add water.
- Do not mix at this point. Dough will be sticky. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and allow to set in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Mix Michigan cherries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, 1 ¼ cups sugar, tapioca granules, corn starch and lemon juice.
- Roll out bottom crust. Fill with pie filling. Roll out top crust and fold into quarters. Vent with a knife while dough is in quarters to make a pretty design. Unfold crust over top of pie. Flute edges to seal. Cut off remaining dough over-hanging from around the edges of pie with side of fingers or knife. Spray top crust with cold water and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar for browning.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment to catch drippings. Place this sheet on bottom rack; to avoid smoking do not put this sheet directly on bottom of oven.
- Bake pie at 350 degrees in the center of the oven for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and thickened juices have been bubbling out from vents and/or edges of pies for about 10-15 minutes.
NotesLiving in Michigan, we are lucky to have some of the best berries from our local farmers, not to mention Michigan has the BEST tart cherries available :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More