- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8 to ten
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 c. oil
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. grated raw carrots
- 1 c. crushed, drained pineapple
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- Mix and then bake 1 hr. in tube pan at 350.
- 1 can frozen orange juice
- 1 stick of butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Bring topping mix to a boil and put on cake when cool.
- Because of this topping this cake will stay fresh for 1 week.
NotesGrowing up in Michigan was great, especially the State Fair up north every summer where the ladies shared their very best. Got this exquisite recipe as a late teen and still use it at almost 50 living here in Atlanta. Hope you find it equally as inspiring and good. Husband and sons absolutely love it.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Delicious Bahamian RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More