- Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups milk (Whole,½ & ½ or light cream work best)
- 4 egg yolks (or 2 whole eggs for lower calories)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/ 4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Put milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch & salt into a blender or food processor. Blend for 10 seconds.
- 2. Pour into 2-quart glass bowl. (Do not use smaller, it will boil over) Cook in microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Whisk well after each minute……watch very carefully!!
- Keep cooking & whisking until thick as pudding, but DO NOT allow to boil.
- 3. When it has reached the right consistency, stir in butter and vanilla. Refrigerate until lukewarm then pour into pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate.
- Before serving, sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
NotesThis is so quick & easy! Can be served as is with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top or used as pie filling or filling for other baked goods.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Short & Sweet
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More