- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1 lb. box confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb) butter
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In 1-1/2 qt casserole stir sugar, cocoa, salt, milk and vanilla together until partially blended (mixture will be too stiff to thoroughly blend all of dry ingredients).
- Put butter over top in center of dish.
- Microwave at high 3 minutes, or until milk feels warm on bottom of dish. Stir vigorously until smooth. If all butter has not melted in cooking, it will as mixture is stirred.
- Blend in nuts. Pour into 8x4x3 dish lined with waxed paper. Chill 1 hour in refrigerator or 20-30 minutes in freezer. Cut into squares.
NotesQuick and easy microwave recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Fun appetizers and snacks
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More