- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. water
- 3 c. Bran cereal with raisins
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. buttermilk
- Line a microwave cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl measure water and cook on High for 2-3 minutes until boiling.
- Add Bran cereal. Stir until cereal is moistened.
- Add butter and let stand 5 to 6 minutes until cereal is well softened.
- With a wire whisk stir in eggs and sugar until well mixed. Then blend in flour, baking soda and buttermilk.
- Spoon batter into desired number of paper-lined cups, filling each half full. Remaining batter may be stored in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks!
- To cook 6 muffins:
- Place cupcake pan in microwave and cook at High for 2-3 minutes.
- Muffins will be flat - they do not "peak". Let stand 5 minutes.
- To do 2 muffins, cook at High for 1 minute; 4 muffins, cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- There's enough batter for 42 muffins. Each containing only 65 calories.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More