- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. water
- 3 c. Bran cereal with raisins
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. buttermilk
- Line a microwave cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl measure water and cook on High for 2-3 minutes until boiling.
- Add Bran cereal. Stir until cereal is moistened.
- Add butter and let stand 5 to 6 minutes until cereal is well softened.
- With a wire whisk stir in eggs and sugar until well mixed. Then blend in flour, baking soda and buttermilk.
- Spoon batter into desired number of paper-lined cups, filling each half full. Remaining batter may be stored in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks!
- To cook 6 muffins:
- Place cupcake pan in microwave and cook at High for 2-3 minutes.
- Muffins will be flat - they do not "peak". Let stand 5 minutes.
- To do 2 muffins, cook at High for 1 minute; 4 muffins, cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- There's enough batter for 42 muffins. Each containing only 65 calories.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Fun appetizers and snacks
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More