- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. unprocessed bran
- 2 c. wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt, optional
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. buttermilk, brought to room temperature
- 3 tbsp. dark molasses
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1 lg. egg, brought to room temperature
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix liquid ingredients together.
- Then combine the 2 and mix just until well blended.
- Pour 3/4 full into prepared muffin pans or baking cups and bake 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees. or microwave one to two at a time on high for 60 to 80 seconds in microwave safe muffin shaped containers
- Makes about 1 dozen, depending on size of pan.
- Extra batter keeps well refrigerated in a closed container.
- Note: Chopped dates, dried fruit, etc. may be used in place of raisins or in addition to. Nuts can also be added, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Taste of CenturyLink
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More