- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Light Karo Syrup (not dark-doesn't set right)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup SWEETENED CONDENSED milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Buttered 8x8 baking dish
- Melt butter in large microwave bowl.
- Stir in Karo syrup, both sugars and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix until dissolved.
- Microwave on high 3-1/2 minutes.
- Stir down and scrape sides of bowl.
- Microwave on high 3-1/2 minutes. (this will be soft-ball stage).
- Stir in vanilla and nuts (if you add them at all).
- Pour into buttered dish and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into square and wrap each in wax paper. Enjoy!
NotesI really don't remember where I got this recipe....But it is delicious and so rich and chewy ...You'll love it!