MICROWAVE CUSTARD PIE FILLING
- Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups milk (Whole,½ & ½ or light cream work best)
- 4 egg yolks (or 2 whole eggs for lower calories)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/ 4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Put milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch & salt into a blender or food processor. Blend for 10 seconds.
2. Pour into 2-quart glass bowl. (Do not use smaller, it will boil over) Cook in microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Whisk well after each minute……watch very carefully!!
Keep cooking & whisking until thick as pudding, but DO NOT allow to boil.
3. When it has reached the right consistency, stir in butter and vanilla. Refrigerate until lukewarm then pour into pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate.
Before serving, sprinkle with ground nutmeg.