- Cooking Time: 7 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups milk (Whole,½ & ½ or light cream work best)
- 4 egg yolks (or 2 whole eggs for lower calories)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/ 4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Put milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch & salt into a blender or food processor. Blend for 10 seconds.
- 2. Pour into 2-quart glass bowl. (Do not use smaller, it will boil over) Cook in microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Whisk well after each minute……watch very carefully!!
- Keep cooking & whisking until thick as pudding, but DO NOT allow to boil.
- 3. When it has reached the right consistency, stir in butter and vanilla. Refrigerate until lukewarm then pour into pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate.
- Before serving, sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
NotesThis is so quick & easy! Can be served as is with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top or used as pie filling or filling for other baked goods.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More